Sunday, August 17, 2014

Back from hibernation


Hey folks!

I haven't touched this blog in ages, but now I'll try to get back to it with quick posts on things I'm working on. 

I just returned to Krillbite Studio after a lengthy vacation, and finally had the lust and dedication to get more acquainted with Zbrush. I've used both Zbrush and Mudbox previously, but I've only dipped into the possibilities these programs have to offer. 

This weekend I went through a tutorial DVD I've bought from Eat3D called "Zbrush 3.5 - A Comprehensive Introduction". It's an introductory tutorial to Zbrush by Michael Pavlovich where you get to learn a lot about the various functions in Zbrush, and you get to create a human head from a box along with the instructor. 

Below you can see the results of this weekend's work. I obviously need to work a lot more on anatomy and sculpt more heads to get something I can be really impressed with myself about, but I'm pleasantly surprised that I managed to get into making something semi-decent after having neglected Zbrush for so long. This particular model took me about 5 hours, but that includes a lot of time watching the instructor and learning about various nifty techniques in Zbrush. 



No comments:

Post a Comment